Friday, October 3, 2008

The Small Plates

Nephi, the Book of Mormon prophet, kept two sets of records. He kept the historical record of his people on large plates, and their spiritual record on small plates (1 Nephi 19:1-6) I thought that I would take a page from his book (ha ha) for similar reasons. I love having my other blog for all kinds of things...pictures of my kids, political rantings, lists of things I love, ventings; you name it. But somehow I haven't felt like expressing much about my spiritual life. So I've chosen to create my own Small Plates.

My spiritual life is grounded in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am comfortable with my Mormonism and the tenets of the church. I love having a prophet, four books of scripture, and latter-day revelation, both personal and church-wide.

The one constant in my spiritual quest is the need to learn. I use the scriptures daily to buoy me up, to teach me, and to help make me into a better person. I also love the beauties and truths of other faiths and have gained much from other religions. I am excited to share some of the things I love and some of the things I learn on this journey.

No comments: